Segments allow you to group or otherwise classify Panelists within your Recollective site. In addition to rapid filtering panelists in the Site Administration area, segments provide many functional benefits within a study as well:
- Limiting access to select content (e.g. Activities, Discussion Topics or Home page cards)
- Filtering responses from Activities / Discussion Topic replies (e.g. Stream, Word Cloud, Photos, Videos and Charts tabs)
- Filtering for Reports, Transcripts and email broadcasts
There are two types of Segments in Recollective:
- In practice, all Segments do the same thing. The difference lies in how panelists get added to them.
- Adding a new Basic Segment is as simple as defining a name.
- Panelists must be assigned to Basic Segments.
- Adding a new Smart Segment requires you to define qualifying attributes, otherwise known as Criteria.
- Panelists will be added to Smart Segments automatically when they meet the defined Criteria.
- More information on Basic vs. Smart Segments can be found here.
- You can also configure Advanced Options for Basic and Smart Segments.
To view and manage your segments, enter the Site Administration area, select the Panelists tab and then choose Segments as shown below:
On the following page, you will see all segments grouped under either Smart Segments or Basic Segments.
If you no longer have a need for certain Segments, you can delete Segments one at a time, or in bulk.