Introduction to Segments
Segments allow you to group or otherwise classify Panelists within your Recollective site.
- Limiting access to select content (e.g. Activities, Discussion Topics or Home page cards)
- Filtering responses from Activities / Discussion Topic replies (e.g. Stream, Word Cloud, Photos, Videos and Charts tabs)
- Filtering for Reports, Transcripts and email broadcasts
Types of Segments
There are two types of segments in Recollective, Basic and Smart. In practice, all Segments have the same usage. The difference lies in how panelists get added to them.
- Basic Segments: Adding a new Basic Segment is as simple as defining a name. Panelists must be assigned to Basic Segments.
- Smart Segments: Adding a new Smart Segment requires you to define qualifying attributes, otherwise known as criteria. Panelists will be added to Smart Segments automatically when they meet the defined criteria.
To view and manage your segments, enter the Site Administration area, select the Panelists tab and then choose Segments. On the following page, you will see all segments grouped under either Smart Segments or Basic Segments.
If you no longer have a need for certain Segments, you can delete Segments one at a time, or in bulk.