Bulk Importing Panelists
Bulk Import is an easy way to add or update a large number of Panelists in a single step using only a single Excel spreadsheet.
An important time-saving aspect of the Bulk Import process is the ability to create New Custom Fields and New Basic Segments. Additionally, you can use the import process to bulk add or bulk remove people from Studies and Segments. No matter how much data you have about your Panelists, Recollective can handle your import.
Please review our Bulk Importing Participants webinar.
Step 1: Prepare Your Spreadsheet
- The first row of your spreadsheet must contain a header row which simply labels each column.
- Each Panelist being imported must be represented in a single row.
Step 2: File Upload
- Go to > Site Administration > Panelists > Bulk Import
- The Bulk Import option is also available within a Study by going to Study Admin > Add Participants. You can use this option if all the participants in your sheet are being added to the same study.
Step 3: Column Review
Recollective will inspect the Excel sheet provided and summarize how many columns and rows it has detected. Now, it's time to tell Recollective what kind of information is represented by each column.
- If the column header matches a Standard field, existing Custom Field, or Segment, it will update automatically.
- If the column header does not match any existing Custom Fields or Segments, you will need to assign the correct Custom Field or Segment, or create a New Custom field or New Segment.
Step 4: Verify Data
- Once every column has been configured (i.e. none of the fields in the Column Review step appear yellow), the Continue button will become selectable.
- Press Continue to verify your data.
Step 5: Import Settings
- If there are no issues preventing your Bulk Import from proceeding, a set of Import Settings will now appear.
- Use these settings to configure options that impact the Panelists being imported
Step 6: Import Process
- Click the Start Import button below the Import Settings.
- Note: Bulk Imports are fast but not instantaneous. Once the import is complete, you will be redirected to the All Panelist area filtered on the users being imported (or the Participant Directory with prompts to send or schedule email invitations if being done from the Study level). The page will indicate when the import has been completed. If you do not see everyone listed, try refreshing the page.
Please note that no emails are sent during the bulk import process. Once panelists have been added to the site, they can be contacted via Email Broadcast. If you have added participants to a Study, send an invitation email from inside that Study.
Site Log of Imports
- All Bulk Imports are tracked in the Site Log. To view the log, go to the Site Setup: Site Log area in Site Administration.
- A new entry is added to the log when a Bulk Import is started and the same entry is updated upon its completion. The site log details will provide a link to the original Excel file along with an import summary.