Sending Email Invitations
How To Use Email Invitations
Sending email invitations is done by composing an email broadcast message in a Study. To get to the Compose Message page:
- Select Email Broadcast from the Study Admin menu
- Click the Messages icon (in the top right hand corner of the study space) and select the green Compose button.
- Navigate to Study Admin > Add Participants and under Send Email Invitations, click Compose Invitation.
Email Broadcast Recipient Types
- Added but not yet invited: Use this option when you want to invite participants who have already been added to the study
- Invited but not yet joined: This recipient option is useful when you want to resend email invitations to participants.
- Invite new participants: This method is ideal when you have very little data about the people you're inviting, but you do have their email addresses.
- Type or paste in a list of email addresses (one per line or separated by commas) under the heading Email Addresses.
Creating your Email Invitation
An automatic login link will be inserted for the Login Button with the default label of Accept Invitation (which can be customized if needed). The link contains a unique code that permits the message recipient to register and join the Study.
Use the Signature input area for your name or any text that should appear below the link.
Tip: If you customize the Message, consider saving it as a Template for easy reuse in the future. If you run multiple projects on the same site, you can limit the visibility of the Template so that it only appears in the relevant study.
Once you have finished drafting the email and editing the message options, select Preview Message to review the invitations as they will appear in recipients' inboxes. You can select the Edit option to go back to the Compose Message page if any edits are needed.
If everything looks good, you can either send out the invitations immediately (using the Send Now option) or schedule them for delivery at a later date and time (using the Send Later option). If you choose to schedule your invitations for a later date and time, you'll be able to see them in your Messages area by filtering on Scheduled.
You can track the invites from the Invitations tab of the Participant Directory. All sent invitations are also logged in Messages and can be seen by filtering on Sent.