Bulk Import: Column Review
Recollective will inspect the Excel sheet provided and summarize how many columns and rows it has detected. Each column detected will be listed on the page along with sample data for that column.
To complete this step, select a Column Type for each column or select Dot Not Import to skip that column. Even though Recollective will pre-select the column type for you, you're welcome to make your own selections.
The available column types are:
- Standard (e.g. first name, email)
- Custom Field
- New Custom Field
- Assign Segment
- New Segment
- Assign Study
After selecting a column type, you may be asked for additional information. Areas that need your input will be highlighted in yellow.
For example, if you select New Custom Field you will be prompted to selected the field type (e.g. Poll, Plain Text, etc.). For polls, Recollective will summarize how many additional choices will be created.
Please be aware of the following:
- If First Name or Last Name are omitted, Panelists will be prompted to complete these missing fields upon their first visit
- If Password is omitted, a temporary password will be generated that must be changed upon the Panelist's first visit
- If Usernames are provided, they must be unique across all Panelists and Admins. They cannot contain spaces or use special characters (dashes and underscores are permitted)
- If Usernames are omitted, Recollective will create one using the pattern FirstName_LastInitial or just FirstName if no last name has been provided.
- An External ID is any unique value assigned to the users from an external system. This identifier must be unique across all Panelists and Admins
- Segment and Study assignment columns must contain either a "1" (indicating that the Panelist should be assigned to the Segment or Study), a "0" (indicating that the Panelist should be removed from the Segment or Study), or be left blank (indicating that a panelist should not be assigned to a Segment or Study, but should not be removed either).
- Multiple Poll Choices must be delimited by commas (e.g. cats,dogs,birds,fish,frogs) - to include a comma in the choice label, wrap the choice in double quotes (e.g. "Cats, dogs and birds","Fish, frogs and reptiles").
- State can be used to bulk activate or deactivate Panelists (use "1" for Active and "0" for Inactive)
- Incentive Points is available only when importing within a study that has Points enabled. A positive value will add points to the participant's total points balance in the study while a negative value will subtract points.