Activity Dates and Scheduling
Standard and Journal Activities
Recollective applies some default settings to new Activities, but you'll need to choose a Start Date and Due Date at a minimum. The Start Date is when the Activity becomes visible to participants and the Due Date is used by Recollective to send out reminders to those people who have yet to complete the Activity and should reflect the target for the Activity's completion.
The Archive Date is a cut-off point after which the Activity can no longer be completed. This is not a mandatory part of an Activity's configuration. You can also set the specific time by pressing the edit time button beneath each date modal - this also gives you access to the Activity's time zone.
If you have Activity sequencing on, you will need to ensure that the Start Date and Due Date are correctly configured to the sequence order of other Activities. If this is not correct, participants may not be able to start Activities as anticipated. Recollective will display warning icons and messages on the Activity Card(s) until the issue is resolved.
Live Group Chat Activities
With the Live Group Chat Activity type, the date setup is more straightforward. Simply select a Start Date, Start Time and intended Duration. The time zone for the Activity is displayed directly below this field as well.
Live Video Interviews
With Live Video Interview Activities, you will need to select a Send Invitations date, an Interviews Start date, and an Interviews End date:
- Send Invitations: Indicates when participants will be invited to select a time for their meeting
- Interviews Start: Indicates the first day that interviews can be scheduled.
- Interviews End: Indicates the last day that interviews can be scheduled.
You will also be required to configure the calendar that participants and admins will be using to schedule interviews:
- The Meeting Hosts: This drop down menu is used to select the desired hosts for the Activity. You can select as many or as few hosts as you would like, and additional hosts can be configured after the Activity has started if necessary.
- The Meeting Duration: This allows you to determine the length of the interviews. This time can be exceeded if necessary and is primarily for scheduling purposes.
- The Meeting Buffer: This allows you to determine a buffer between scheduled meetings. This buffer window can help to avoid situations where a host has multiple consecutive meetings in a row and allows meetings to exceed the allotted time without influencing additional meetings that are scheduled afterwards.
- Meeting Times: Allows you to define when meetings can be scheduled. Participants are shown a set of available meetings times and are then required to schedule their meeting themselves. For example, you can configure the meeting times so that participants are only able to schedule meetings from 10AM-2PM on specific days. These meetings are then evenly assigned to available hosts.
- Host Availability: Determines whether hosts will start as available or unavailable by default. Hosts who start as available will be required to remove undesirable meeting times, while those who start as unavailable will be required to add desirable ones.