Calendar Time Slots in Live Video Interview Activities
The available time slots in your Live Video Interview calendar are based on 3 settings from your activity set up:
- Meeting Duration
- Meeting Buffer
- Meeting Times
A meeting duration of 30 minutes and a meeting buffer of 15 minutes means that there will be meeting time slots every 45 minutes. Because our meeting times are set to start at 9:00AM, the first meeting time slot will be at 9:00AM, the next at 9:45, the next at 10:30, etc:
In this example, because the meetings are set to end at 5:00PM, the last available time slot is at 4:30, which leaves enough time for one more 30 min meeting before 5:00.
Flexible & Instant Meetings
It's important to note that the Meeting Duration setting does not impact the length of time that a meeting can run for. The duration controls the interval of calendar blocks. Live Video Interview meetings can run for as long as needed and the duration will never be visible to participants.
To maximize the number of available meeting times, use a duration of 15 minutes and a meeting buffer of 0 minutes. This will effectively open every possible time slot on the calendar and allows for instant meetings.
This setup is recommended if Admins are scheduling all meetings as it gives maximum flexibility for scheduling and rescheduling. If Participants can schedule their own meetings, this setup may be less ideal as Admins will need to monitor the calendar to ensure meetings are not booked back to back.
Other Calendar Configurations
You can customize the time slots by adjusting either the meeting duration, meeting buffer, or both. For instance, if you want time slots to be available every hour, there are 4 different ways you could go about this:
- Set the meeting duration to 15 minutes and the meeting buffer to 45 minutes
- Set the meeting duration to 30 minutes and the meeting buffer to 30 minutes
- Set the meeting duration to 45 minutes and the meeting buffer to 15 minutes
- Set the meeting duration to 60 minutes and the meeting buffer to 0 minutes
Since each of these combinations is equal to 60 minutes, the meeting time slots will be available every hour.
- If you want these time slots to be available on the hour (ie: 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, etc), you would set your meeting times to start on the hour (ie 9:00)
- If you want these time slots to be available on the half hour (ie: 9:30, 10:30, 11:30), you would set your meeting times to start on the half hour (ie: 9:30).