Time Zones for Live Video Interview Activities
An important element of scheduling Live Video Interviews with participants is ensuring that the time zone is correct for all parties. This is particularly important in cases where participants and meeting hosts are spread across multiple time zones. There are two different time zone views to be aware of when setting up a Live Video Interview activity in Recollective:
- The Activity time zone
- The Calendar time zone
The Activity Time Zone
- The Send Invitations date
- The Interviews Start and Interviews End dates
- The Meeting Times
- Participants located in Seattle, US (Pacific Daylight Time), would receive this invitation at 3:00AM in their local time zone
- Participants located in London, UK (British Summer Time), would receive this invitation at 11:00AM local time.
- Participants located in Honolulu, US (Hawaii Standard Time), would have available meeting times from 3:00AM to 11:00AM Monday to Friday.
- Participants in Tokyo, Japan (Japan Standard Time), would have available meeting times starting at 10:00PM Monday to 6:00AM Tuesday, all the way until 10:00PM Friday to 6:00AM Saturday.
The Calendar Time Zone
This bar tells you the time zone in which you are viewing the calendar. This time zone defaults to whatever your account time zone is set to. So, if you’re in Eastern Daylight Time, you’ll see the calendar view in Eastern Daylight time by default. A participant in Pacific Daylight time will see the calendar in Pacific Daylight Time:
You can change your calendar view time zone exactly the same way you change the activity time zone, by clicking on the time zone bar and selecting a new one:
Read more about time zones in Recollective.