Live Video Interview Setup: Admins schedule all meetings
This article will walkthrough how to configure the Calendar, Limits, and Notifications for Live Video Interview Activities when Admins will schedule all interviews.
To learn about the Basic Settings, and other customizations like points, prepared content, and client controls, please refer to the general Live Video Interview Setup article.
To begin, select the Admins schedule all meetings scheduling option.
This section allows you to configure the calendar that interviews will be scheduled from. Each of the settings are explained in detail below. Participants will not have access to the calendar, and will only be able to view the Activity after a meeting has been scheduled for them.
- Meeting Duration: This allows you to determine the length of each interview time slot on the calendar. The meeting duration can be exceeded if necessary and is primarily for defining the frequency of interview slots or available start times.
- Meeting Buffer: This allows you to determine a buffer between scheduled meetings. This buffer window can help to avoid situations where a host has multiple consecutive meetings in a row. The buffer will default to None when Admins are scheduling all meetings, but can be updated as desired.
- Meeting Times: Allows you to define when interview slots will be available for booking on the calendar. You can extend the end time at any point if you need to account for meetings later than you had originally intended.
- Host Availability: Determines whether hosts will start as available or unavailable by default. Hosts who start as available will be required to remove undesirable meeting times, while those who start as unavailable will be required to add desirable ones.
When Admins are scheduling all meetings, we recommend setting the meeting duration to 15 minutes and the meeting buffer to None (this is the default) so that you can book immediate meetings, and to provide more flexibility within the calendar.
When Admins are scheduling all meetings, participants will not be able to view the Live Video Interview calendar. Administrators can override availability and schedule participants for meetings that are unavailable. Thus, the option to start available or unavailable when Admins are scheduling all meetings will have less of an impact. The distinction between available and unavailable can be used for internal scheduling purposes.
Limits allow you to control who can be scheduled to meet, and other features such as the backroom audio channel. All study participants will be eligible for meetings unless limits are enabled.
- Enabling the Include pending participants option allows you to schedule meetings with participants who have been added or invited to the study, but have not yet joined. If you are running a study that solely consists of Live Video Interviews, you can add your participants to the study and then invite them this way.
- Enabling the Limit who can be scheduled to meet option will allow you to limit eligible participants to a specific segment(s). This is particularly useful if you are only going to schedule meetings with a subset of participants and you do not want the full list of study participants to appear in the meeting scheduling modal.
- Enabling the Limit visibility by clients option will allow you to limit the visibility of the Live Video Interview Activity to specific clients, or otherwise hide the Activity from all clients.
- If Start with participants cameras disabled selected, participants will join the meeting with their camera disabled until they enable the camera themselves.
- When this option is selected, an additional sub-option of Do not allow participants to enable their camera appears below. When this sub-option is enabled, participants will be blocked from using their cameras during the meeting, but will still have access to their microphones in order to participate using audio in addition to utilizing the text-based chat feature.
- If Do not enable backroom audio and translator support is selected, the dedicated backroom audio channels for observers and translators will be disabled. Client observers may still join the Activity if they have been given permission to do so, but will have access to observe and access the backroom text-chat feature only.
This tab allows you to configure the notification settings for the Activity. You can enable/disable the following notifications:
- Meeting Scheduled: Participants will receive a confirmation email when a meeting has been scheduled for them. The content of this message can be customized by selecting 'Customize'. Admins will also receive a notification confirming that a meeting has been scheduled.
- Meeting starting soon: Participants will receive two separate email notifications informing them that their scheduled meeting is starting soon. The first will be sent two hours before the meeting starts and the second will be sent out 15 minutes before. Again, the content of this message can be customized by selecting 'Customize.' The Host will receive a reminder 15 minutes before a scheduled meeting. If the admin joins the meeting first, they will receive a notification when the participant joins. If the participant joins first, the The Host will be notified and will be prompted to join immediately.
- Meeting missed: Participants will be notified if they miss a scheduled meeting and will be prompted to reschedule. As participants cannot reschedule their own meetings, you may want to disable this notification.
- Meeting rescheduled: Participants will be notified if their meeting is rescheduled.
- Meeting cancelled: Participants will be notified if their meeting is cancelled.
For other setup information, such as how to configure custom points, add prepared content, and allow Clients to observe the meeting, please refer to our general Live Video Interviews Setup article. For information on configuring Live Video Interviews for participant self-scheduling, please refer to the Participants schedule their own meeting Setup article.