Live Video Interview Setup
Live Video Interviews allow you to schedule one on one video interviews with your participants. The Activity has been designed to maximize the number of completed meetings while minimizing the administrative burden.
Activity Dates and Scheduling
- Send Invitations: Indicates when participants will be invited to select a time for their meeting.
- Interviews Start: Indicates the first day that interviews can be scheduled.
- Interviews End: Indicates the last day that interviews can be scheduled. This can be extended at any time if you need to add additional days.
- Time Zone: Controls the time zone that meetings will be booked in. Participants and Admins calendars will always appear in their own time zone regardless of the Activity time zone (e.g. If the meeting times are set to 9-5EST, and the admins/participants time zone is CDT, it will appear as 10-6CDT).
- The Meeting Hosts: This drop down menu is used to select the desired hosts for the Activity. You can select as many or as few hosts as you would like, and additional hosts can be configured after the Activity has started if necessary.
- The Meeting Duration: This allows you to determine the length of the interviews. This time can be exceeded if necessary and is primarily for scheduling purposes.
If you plan on manually scheduling meetings for your participants, we recommend setting this (and the meeting buffer) to 15 minutes so that you can book immediate meetings, and to provide more flexibility within the calendar. Click HERE to learn more about manual scheduling.
- The Meeting Buffer: This allows you to determine a buffer between scheduled meetings. This buffer window can help to avoid situations where a host has multiple consecutive meetings in a row and allows meetings to exceed the allotted time without influencing additional meetings that are scheduled afterwards. As mentioned above, if you plan on manually scheduling meetings for your participants we recommend setting the meeting buffer to 15 minutes.
- Meeting Times: Allows you to define when meetings can be scheduled. Participants are shown a set of available meetings times and are then required to schedule their meeting themselves. For example, you can configure the meeting times so that participants are only able to schedule meetings from 10AM-2PM on specific days. These meetings are then evenly assigned to available hosts. You can extend the end time at any point if you need to account for meetings later than you had originally intended.
- Host Availability: Determines whether hosts will start as available or unavailable by default. Hosts who start as available will be required to remove undesirable meeting times, while those who start as unavailable will be required to add desirable ones.
If you plan on manually scheduling meetings for your participants, you will need to set your Host Availability to Start Unavailable so that participants do not have any time slots available to them.
- Invitation to schedule a meeting: Participants will be sent this notification based on your Send Invitations date.
- Reminder to schedule a meeting: Participants will be sent a reminder to schedule a meeting if they have not scheduled one within 48 hours of the invitations going out. They will receive additional reminders every 48 hours until they have scheduled a meeting.
If you plan on manually scheduling your meetings for your participants, you will need to disable both the Invitation to schedule a meeting and Reminder to schedule a meeting notifications to ensure that participants are not invited or reminded to schedule a meeting even though they will be unable to.
- Meeting Scheduled: Participants will receive a confirmation email when they schedule a meeting. The content of this message can be customized by selecting 'Customize'. Admins will also receive a notification informing them that a meeting has been scheduled.
- Meeting starting soon: Participants will receive two separate email notifications informing them that their scheduled meeting is starting soon. The first will be sent two hours before the meeting starts and the second will be sent out 15 minutes before. Again, the content of this message can be customized by selecting 'Customize.' Admins will receive a reminder 15 minutes before a a scheduled meeting. If the admin joins the meeting first, they will receive a notification when the participant joins. If the participant joins first, the Admin will be notified and will be prompted to join immediately.
- Meeting missed: Participants will be notified if they miss a scheduled meeting and will be prompted to reschedule. If you are manually scheduling your participants, you may want to disable this notification as well.
- Meeting rescheduled: Participants will be notified if their meeting is rescheduled.
- Meeting cancelled: Participants will be notified if their meeting is cancelled by an admin.
If you have chosen to enable the point tracking feature for your Study, you will see a Points tab on the Activity Setup page with the option to Customize points awarded for activity completion. This is an opportunity to depart from the default point allocation for a Live Group Chat Activity as configured in Study Settings: Points.
Prepared Content Items
Once the setup stage is done and saved, you can begin to build out any Prepared Content you know you'll need for your Live Video Interviews. Navigate to the Prepared Items tab and select the Add Item button at the bottom of the page to add new items.
In order for clients to join the backroom of a Live Video Interview, you will need to make sure that the Collaborate in Backroom permission is enabled within Study Administration>Study Settings>Permissions. Once this permission is enabled, clients will have the option to join a meeting and will be automatically placed into the backroom. You can have up to 48 observers in the backroom.
You can learn more about Client Permissions in our Study Settings: Permissions article.