Study Settings: Points
The Points section of Study Settings allows you to enable gamification features for your Study. This includes the tracking of points for important actions in the Study and optional awarding of point-level badges.
This feature is not enabled by default so it must be enabled before any other settings in this area are meaningful.
Once the Points feature is enabled you can decide how much or how little is shared with the participants.
- Point tracking can be completely hidden or shared selectively. Your options are:
- Keep Points and Levels hidden from participants entirely (even their own)
- Allow participants to view their own points and levels
- Allow participants to view all points and levels but hide the leaderboard (so it's seen only by Admins)
- Allow participants to view all points, levels and leaderboard
- The Points section allows you to customize default point allocations for actions in a Study that can trigger a point reward.
- Levels can be defined for participants to achieve with the points they earn.
- Once the participants attain a level, their name will appear on the Leaderboard.
- You can also add a level that starts at zero points to list everybody.
- The Participant Leaderboard lists the participants from the most to least number of points accumulated and will feature the defined Levels.
- Each level can have its own unique icon or badge which can appear alongside the participant's photo and / or on their profile page.